Heads up, cosplayers! Photoshoots for Fanime 2014 will be opening on Saturday, March 15th! Keep a lookout for the official announcement posts; time slots will be fairly limited at this con!
You did it! You’ve got a killer outfit, and you’re ready for a photoshoot!
(Maybe even your very first one? AWESOME!)
Now what? No worries, today we’ve got it covered!
No-Fail Photoshoot Checklist!
(For Newbies and Veterans!)
If you’re like me and like printing out actual lists, there’s a link to the full checklist at the bottom of the post!
4-6 WEEKS BEFORE SHOOT
- Book a photographer! - Maybe this seems obvious, but photographers book up fast, especially for conventions! There are lots of choices in price and style. No matter who you book, a good photographer will be happy to answer questions and concerns - you should like their work AND be comfortable talking to them!
1 WEEK BEFORE SHOOT
- Wear your whole costume AT LEAST once - Makeup too! Walk around. Sit. Stand. Get comfortable.
- Get reference images - Print them out or keep them on your phone. Some clients come with a shot list, which is also good!
NIGHT BEFORE SHOOT
- Prep your outfit - Iron it. Hang it up. Don’t forget shoes, jewelry, and underwear! Save yourself an early-morning scramble!
- Go to bed EARLY!
DAY OF SHOOT
- Eat breakfast - Fruit. Cereal. SOMETHING. (Pocky is NOT breakfast!)
- Brush your teeth - Maybe you’re nervous, but you’ll feel a LOT better with a clean smile! (Also deodorant!)
- Double your dressing time - Give yourself lots of time to get on your makeup, wig, etc.
- Bring the photographer’s phone number - Just in case!
- Arrive early - This means leaving early - expect traffic, crowds, and people stopping you for pictures!
- RELAX - You look great! Now have fun!
Download the No Fail Photoshoot Checklist HERE!
Jennifer as Trickster!Roxy, Homestuck
megnesiums as Cecil, WTNV
sherlockandmoriar-tea as Kevin, WTNV
sumyrea as Mikasa, SnK
thedoctorboy as Armin, SnK
Skyler as Eren, SnK
transformationsequence as Aurora, OUaT
Viscious Cosplay as Walpurgisnacht, Madoka
Sydney as Death, Deadpool
All photos from Katsucon 2014
Want the latest from CTgraphy?
How about a free tutorial on how to get Better Photos in 5 Minutes?
NEAT! Get it all when you sign up for the Mailing List!
Great tips for cosplayers! Love this list!